LAPTOP NEC Versa SX problem...No boot

Hi I have a Versa SX laptop from NEC that doesn't boot .

When pressing the power , the power light lit but the cpu fan stop turning right away and nothing on the screen and nothing else.

I have swapped the CPU , RAM , HD and samething.

Any idea ?

Reply to
Max

Duh, battery.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Even if no batterie , it should work with the DC adaptor. It's a 16 DC transfo and it's holding his power.

Reply to
Max

The battery first, needs to be installed even when plugged-in. I'd check the Clock Bettery, if that went dead nothing will boot because the BIOS is missing settings. It is in there you may have to look for it though. Looks like a watch battery.

Reply to
nvic

Ditto, many newer laptops require a good battery to boot up and turn on, even when connected to the ac adapter.

Reply to
dkuhajda