400Hz Servomotor

Hi to all! I need of your help. I have a lot of 400Hz Muirhead Servomotor-Tachometer generator mod.

15M81A,fom Mil surplus. For 400Hz supply isn't a problem but I Don't have idea how to apply or drivethis servomotors. This motor is supplied with a 115Vac primary plus two 13Vac control windings, one tachometer 115 Vac primary with a secondary output. Do you have some suggestion, scheme, application notes for use this motors in a light CNC project? Will be welcome application notes, schematic, literatures or URL's for this devices..

I please you to reply by email, many thanks in advance and sorry for bandwidht..

Ciao from Italy....

--
Ia ora na outou,
RedRoby

A Google search turns up a lot of info. For instance - the manufacturer's web site. Have you asked them for info?

Beyond that - is this the same system that used to be (maybe still is) called a selsyn? These used to be common in a lot of military applications, such as radars sets, to rotate something inside the ship in synchronism with something outside the ship. If so, there is a lot of info on the web.

Bill Jeffrey

RedRoby wrote:

Reply to
Bill Jeffrey

La scrittura indecifrabile di "Bill Jeffrey" interruppe la mia meditazione, imbrattandomi lo schermo con :

I don't know Bill, in my little experience I have find the selsyn as a "motor" with a exciter winding and a tri-phase windig for position transmission with another selsyn. In my case I have a "motor" with a exciter windings and two separate low voltage windings. In the tachometer section O find a exciter winding and an output winding. I don't know as I can use this 'motors' because I don't know theyr phisical principes an pratical applications.... :-(((( In Internet I haven't find this gender of motors... Thanks....

--
Ia ora na outou,
RedRoby