Panasonic DVD RV31 skipping problem

I'm attempting to repair a Panasonic DVD RV31 dvd player that has a skipping problem. I've done the basics, cleaned the lens and cleaned / re-lubricated the rails but it hasn't helped. I noticed that there is a lot of noise when the sled moves, the noise appears to come from the area around the pinion that engages the sled rack, so I don't suspect the motor as that's much further towards the front of the deck. I can't figure out how to remove the anti-backlash gear that has the pinion on the lower face to examine it so I'm not sure if it's damaged; I have tried lubricating the gear train but it didn't help. Any suggestions (other than scrapping it). Martin

--
martinwhybrowntlworldcom
Reply to