Laptop Disassembly?

Hi, I have this Advent 7079 laptop (aka ECS G600). It's dead to the world. I suspect that the power socket has been strained to breaking point. I'm completely new to laptop repair and while I can see the learning potential for taking the whole thing apart, I'm trying to minimize the extent of the strip down for component safety sake. I managed to locate an exploded diagram but no sequential instructions for disassembly.

From initial study of the drawings it looked like I could get to the

power socket by removing components starting from the bottom. But having removed the screws from this part of the case, it's still firmly held in place. This is not so surprising as there are many sockets of various kinds protruding, at least partially, through both sides of the lower case moulding. There doesn't seem to be much chance of the case flexing enough to clear the sockets but I thought I'd ask here for tips on proceeding further. I put a picture at the following link, if anyone would be kind enough to look and offer some advice.

Regards, Mike

Reply to
MikeyMuchos