laptop battery question

So my Lithium-ion battery on my last two iBooks gave out after 13 months. I figure I'm doing something wrong.

I have used the laptop often plugged in, is that the problem?

I bought a new battery recently and I want to make it last longer. My question is: Is it okay to put the dead battery in while I have it plugged in at home and switch the batteries out with the good one when I'm going to use it away from the outlet?

--
Stephen

-------
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Stephen Trapani

Probably would be more effective, for the overall battery life, to actually run the system on the battery for the total time period once a month or so. Allowing the battery to actually discharge to probably the warning level So my Lithium-ion battery on my last two iBooks gave out after 13 months.

Reply to
Art