Kenwood KR-V7030 receiver acting odd.

Yesterday I unplugged my record player from my receiver, which was also using the receiver as the power source. Later that day, I went to turn the receiver on, and it would not come on. The "standby" light was still on, and I checked the 5A removable fuse on the power board and it is fine. I saw in a thread elsewhere on the net on how to "reset" the amp for general malfunctions, which consisted of unplugging the unit, then holding the power button down and plugging the unit in. This worked, to a degree. The unit powered up, but it is now stuck in the last configuration it was in. The LCD works, but none of the buttons on the front panel are responsive, though the manual knobs for bass, treble, balance, loudness, and volume work. The remote also has no effect on the unit. I hooked a speaker up and get sound like normal. Is there anything else I can do to solve this problem? I know it's an old receiver and not worth paying someone to fix, but I'd hate to toss it, and can't really afford another at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
djathens

Just a small addition. I figured out that I can hold down, say, the "Phono" button on the front panel and plug the unit in and it powers on and switches to Phono. It did this for Video2 as well. Once on, like before, none of the buttons work.

Reply to
djathens