jvc tv eeprom

Hi.

My JCV Tv Model AV25TS2 has developed a fault; when switching on, I get

a single horizontal white line for about 3 secs., then it switches to

Standby.

Narrowed the fault to be corrupt eeprom (2416). With the eeprom removed

there was full screen displaying menu 'select language'.

I was advised to try an eeprom filled with zeoes. This still gave me

line and standby.Removing eeprom, now only get line and 3secs later

Standby. Checked the removed eeprom and some bytes had been changed by TV, so I

presume the I2c system is working OK.

Can anyone supply me with copy of 2K binary File for this eeprom. Any info on what is stored on eeprom and where would be welcome.

Tried jvc.co.uk, but still waiting reply to Email.

Many thanks

Tommy

Reply to
exsolderman

JVC won't supply eeprom code, only the ready programmed IC itself. They're usually not that dear typically around £10-12. They come with basic settings data in, but a full setup of the geometry etc data will be required. Have had some oddities with these eeproms- the version you get sometimes is not just a UK version but has lots of other options set that can't be changed- like multi-band tuning... needed in other countries.

ps If you need parts supply let me know, I have a JVC account.

Andrew

Reply to
JVC Dude