JVC MXD 752 CD etc compact audio unit

Uses "3 disc triple play , play & exchange" 3 drawers stacked over one another and the CD deck on an elevator system to access them. Can anyone point to explanation of the mechanics of this or as used in other models. Uses 6 motors in all. The elevator looks like 2 steppers built inside cylindrical cam actuators and a mode switch, 5 +5 traces to the motors and

10 way to limit/mode something.
Reply to
N_Cook

The service manual has a full blown dismantling procedure for the changer (which seems to be called a "CD Changer Mech Type VC3" , but no actual description of how it works. I could send you the manual if you have an account that could accept it, but last I recall, you were not broadband, so a 15 meg pdf would take about a year for you to download ?? Contact me off-group if you want to try to arrange something.

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

the CD changer mechanics look the same as the older PC-XC10 , the active electronics board is different.

5 wire mode switch inside each cam and separate 10 line connection for limit switches. Cams driven by cog train from a standard DC motor each , elsewhere, so 4 motors only. One for trays and one for CD deck elevator. Will try some DC on these motors and see what happens.
Reply to
N_Cook

models.

and

so

The XC10 has much the same info (or not), exploded views only. Desoldering the 4 CD deck motor points and removing the main pcb along and knowing now being able to power ordinary motors, outside the chassis, should ellicit enough. When I get back to it.

Got bogged down with a massive German massager chair repair at the moment , that needs repairing and clearing , to give space - a priority.

2x2x5 foot leather-clad awkward heap.
Reply to
N_Cook

Using 8V one motor powers the shift helical cam and the other moves drawer and sub draws in and out and the CD deck up and down via a PTO linkage and its helical cam. Limit switches work as well. Leaves just something wrong with the mode sw or "cam switches" as JVC calls them. There is the matrix for all those in the manual but to progress all that manually seems too much.

Reply to
N_Cook

could not find cause of intermittant lock-up of tray, so cut a neat hole in the outer metal casing over the tray lock tabs that protrude outwards of the deck section, perfectly safe area. Grommet strip edged around. Owner then can manually unlock the tray and pull out the tray himself.

Reply to
N_Cook