JVC AV-27230, Half screen brighter + smearing

I have a JVC 27230 and of late the right 2/3rds of the screen is getting brighter than the left with smearing on the brighter side. Another symptom is when the set is initially turned on it is really bright. I have the manual but I am not real sure what I am looking for or where.

I found a suggestion to look for a bad cap in the 200 volt of the video output. I would think all caps in that region would be rated for 200+ but I don't see any right off hand. In the manual it shows to test B1 for 134v and my test shows

134v spot on.

Earlier this year I replaced C424(100uF) and C425(470uF) around IC421 (V out), both caps are electrolytics. I used radio shack caps so I am not sure of the quality there, these caps are rated for 35 volts and that is the same as what is in the manual. I am not sure where else to look and I don't want to shotgun it by replacing every cap in the set, that is way too many caps!

I put a crosshatch patter on the set and the lower right vertical lines have a "jag" or z in them.

Any pointer to something more specific to look for would be a great help.

Thor

Reply to
Thor