Jukebox and Pinball Repair question ( a Viable business?)

I recently left my employer of 30 years and I'm taking some time off finding my next career. I am very interested in starting a Pinball, Jukebox, Vintage Electronics business and semi retire. I'd been repairing TV's stereos and anything electric as a sideline since teh 70's and in teh last few years had a lot of fun with vintage electronics. I would appreciate any advice folks could offer as to who might be doing this today and what kind of business volume might be out there for these services as well as any advice from people doing this today Thanks in Advance Bob

Reply to
bob

Bob,

You "might" want to go to Rec.antiques.radio+phono - and ask there. That newsgroup has a few who are involved in doing that sort of thing. Maybe they can help guide you a bit.

L.

Reply to
Radiosrfun

Contact this fellow (Rick) by e-mail at this address:

snipped-for-privacy@mchsi.com

and see what he can tell you. He did exactly what you are proposing to do.

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann

Reply to
hrhofmann

"bob" wrote in news:cNHyi.11963$5y3.1431@trndny07:

I'd consider doing it part time, or as the side of a real business. I guess if you are semi retired and will be doing it because you want to, not becasue you have to, you might be fine.

Reply to
Gary Tait

There's a place on Tropicana Ave. in Las Vegas called the Pinball Museum

Guy from the Midwest with a pinball mania. Buys, sells, owns a bunch of pinballs dating back 50 years or more. Refurbs them to playing condition and puts them in his strip mall storefront. Runs as a non-profit, gives his proceeds to charity.

You might try going to the website and getting in touch with him, could be a good source of information for you.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry