jetdirect J3113a struck by lightning

Ditto. R9, C3 and C4 fried: I cannot read values. Can anyone with a good J3113a read those values and report them to me? Thanks in advance! Emanuele.

Reply to
egirland

** Hit by lightning = fatal injury for anything like that.

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

would be easier to buy a used working one IMHO

----------
Kripton

the ESR Repository @ http://kripton2035.free.fr/esr-repository.html
the Geiger Repository @ http://kripton2035.free.fr/geiger-repositor.html
Reply to
Kripton

Agreed. If it was struck by lightning, it is unlikely to have survived. I would buy a replacement.

However, the Jetdirect J3113a (600n) runs at only 10 mbits/sec. I prefer the faster J4169 (610n) or J6057a (615n) cards, which also offer better config and monitoring options. Make sure you're using the lastest firmware using the HP DLM:

However, there's a catch. All the Jetdirect cards have problems with crappy soldering. Fortunately, they can be revived by reflow soldering the big Philips chip or just buy a spare: The toaster oven method works. Don't forget to remove the plastic parts first.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

J3113a read those values and report them to me? Thanks in advance! Emanuele .

Going against what others said I have repaired many devices hit by lightnin g and they worked. Some dialup modems internal and external, a PC TV captur e card and some television sets. While you may think the strike may have ta ken sensitive ICs and many components it does not seem common, and a few di scretes is all I found in my repairs. Of course all depends on the strength of lightning. That means it may work replacing these fried components or a few more.

Reply to
Jeroni Paul

d J3113a read those values and report them to me? Thanks in advance! Emanue le.

ing and they worked. Some dialup modems internal and external, a PC TV capt ure card and some television sets. While you may think the strike may have taken sensitive ICs and many components it does not seem common, and a few discretes is all I found in my repairs. Of course all depends on the streng th of lightning. That means it may work replacing these fried components or a few more.

Yes, my experience is the same. I have found the values and ,after all, the y are 3 small discrete components I can replace with minimum effort. I'll g ive it a try and keep the group informed.. Emanuele.

Reply to
egirland