Iron turns off power :(

Just wondering why this might be, faulty iron, ect. Does not seem to be a lot of things on at the time, maybe My TV, PC and Fride being the main things and a few things with LCDs.

Do you think its the fuesebox or the iron and if the fusebox how fix it ??

Thanks.

Reply to
Obsidion

Obsidion wrote in news:rsm2b3t0j9o9so02tagv4omv8rj667cacp@

4ax.com:

Try plugging a standard 60W light bulb in to the outlet. A 60W bulb will draw about twice the current as a standard iron, so if the circuit blows it's overloaded. Move some stuff off and/or call an electrician.

If the light bulb does not blow the breaker, it's the iron. Replace it.

Puckdropper

Puckdropper

I think the OP was talking about a cloths iron, not a soldering iron.

Reply to
PeterD

A clothes iron will typically be 1000-1500W. That is pretty much near the capacity of a typical 15A circuit (assuming USA.) Do all the other items also go dead? If so, you have too many items on one circuit. A refrigerator takes quite a bit of power, too, as do many newer PC's.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross
Reply to
Andrew Rossmann