IR 9319 Transistor

I have a blown Transistor out of an electric wheelchair and cannot find a listing or cross reference for the International Rectifier No. 9319 , any help would be appreciated , this is a TO-220 case Trans. Thanks Phil L.

Reply to
Phil

I don't think this is a transistor, as IR made vanishingly few of them. More likely a voltage regulator or SCR.

If you change your search parameters, this might help.

Peter Wieck Wyncote, PA

Reply to
pfjw

Reply to
Phil

Indeed it may be a thyristor; however I am currently using IR power mosfets in TO-220 cases. Your number may be a date code or house number too; please post _all_ identifying marks on the part for further research.

Regards,

Michael

Reply to
msg

That sure doesn't look like an IR part number; if the device was made by IR than that appears to be a customer's code. What brand is the controller? Most medical equipment service houses have cross references for all these parts (we have such a shop in our area that repairs wheelchair controllers and they certainly have manuals with component descriptions and cross- references).

Regards,

Michael

Reply to
msg

Might try here:

pfjw

On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 10:01:54 -0400, "Phil" put finger to keyboard and composed:

This site suggests that it is in fact a (MOS)FET:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

From the Mouser website:

IR Semiconductors ? Diodes & Rectifiers (21) ? MOSFETs & MOSFETs RF (105) ? Thyristors - Diacs, Sidacs, SCRs & Triacs (7)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Reply to
DaveM

How old is the chair? That number looks suspiciously like a date code, and if so, it's absolutely useless as an identifying mark. It just states when the part was made.

Any other characters/numbers on the part that might give us a clue? Have you tried contacting the manufacturer for replacement parts or identification of the part?

As a last resort, contact an organization that services these chairs. They probably won't give you much advice, but it's worth a shot.

One more last resort, you might have to bite a bullet and pay a service shop to repair it for you.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

"In theory, there isn't any difference between theory and practice.  In
practice, there is."  - Yogi Berra
Reply to
DaveM

the

Why should "I" have to pay for the repair of the OPs power chair?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida