need help with fan speed

circuit so that it

While I wait for it to download, I'll keep myself awake by helping you with tips for making smaller images. A scan like that would be smaller if it used the compression found in a jpg (or jpeg) image.

You wouldn't need that at all if you set your scanner resolution to "black and white drawing" as opposed to photo quality. Then you can get a smaller GIF, or better yet, PNG image. You might have to play with the settings to get a legible image.

Then guess at some more info to help us out. Like whether this is an auto circuit or something else. Otherwise, post to rec.puzzles.

Shouldn't. Auto compressors run off the engine speed, no? And the wiring to it would be for the fan clutch. But I'm seeing a symbol that hints at an AC motor and compressor and you don't know if the FSC board is installed or what's in the FSC circuit, I bet. Is this from some heavy equipment like an earthmover?

I bet if you interchange the RD & BLK pair, the speed will be different under the same conditions. If that's the case, whichever one is enegized at hi speed is the one you want to always be energized. Tell us what this is and why you want to change it.

Don't fry yourself.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

Could someone please help me to find a way of setting the fan speed in this circuit so that it will always run at maximum speed:

I guess it is a 2 speed fan motor.

Also, will running the fan at maximum speed also run the compressor faster?

Reply to
jim

draws heat away from

circulates down inside the

absorbed.

enough.

short-sighted like me.

Don't screw around with an air conditioner. It's not cooling because it needs to be serviced by a proper HVAC service tech. Just topping up the freon could help; but it _will_ have to be cleaned and everything, just as Fred Bloggs has said.

Sorry. Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Hi Active8, sorry about the lack of info:

It's a very old cooling unit that is mounted on a roof. It has a fan, which draws heat away from a radiator. The compressor converts freon gas into low pressure, which circulates down inside the building and comes back up at the same pressure of higher if heat has been absorbed.

I want to run the fan and compressor at max speed because it is not cooling enough.

yes, my image is a bit on the large side. That's what happens when you are short-sighted like me. I will reduce it's size shortly.

Reply to
jim

draws heat away from

circulates down inside the

absorbed.

enough.

short-sighted like me.

Well- refrigeration is also something you know little about- you have some fundamental misunderstandings with that explanation. You don't want to modify a thing- if you increase the fan speed then the unit will fail to develop enough head pressure under cold ambient to keep the expansion value in its range of operation for proper regulation- reducing the cooling capacity again. Rather than fiddle with fan speed you would want to first clean the condenser coil with chemical agent specifically designed for that purpose- this usually involves using a hose and spray bottle- goggles and gloves- also the fan blades- any obstructions that may have developed- and repair any deterioration that may occurred with the fan cowling material and airflow ducting. Or you could just call a refrigeration service- and let them size the situation up- before you are shut down by the inspection authority for failing to meet code in cooling your product- or worse- make someone ill.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

draws heat away from

circulates down inside the

absorbed.

enough.

short-sighted like me.

Yup on the service guy and yup on the cleaning. If I don't clean my A/C filter, it not only doesn't cool, but the condeser coil freezes up, making the problem worse.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

you're right, I don't know much about refrigeration and neither do "howstuffworks.com" because that's where I got my information about the freon gas circulating around, etc.

That's a good idea about cleaning the coil. I'll try that if I can find the right chemical. I've seen a few self-rinsing cleaners around on the net.

Don't worry, the cooler is not for food products.

Reply to
jim

draws heat away from

circulates down inside the

absorbed.

enough.

short-sighted like me.

The cold coil is the evaporator, the hot one is condenser.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs