infinity radio goes out

i have a 96 chrysler sebring and there's nothing wrong with it except the cd player. the player is very unreliable and the FMradio almost never works and then cuts out when it is working. i've taken it out and looked at the antena cable and it was half way out of the hole. i haven't checked it since but is that my radio problem? when i plugged it in the radio worked but it must have come unplugged again or somethin.

Reply to
kamamaster14

Hi...

Nope, sorry to disappoint you, but that's not your problem.

Chrysler radios (Alpine) are notorious for bad solder connections.

From the little bit of info in your message I suspect it's a bad idea, but if by any chance you're comfortable doing it, you *could* disassemble it and re-flow solder.

A much better idea might be that you find someone local to you and pay them a little to do it for you.

To help you decide, remember that Infinity's are very, very expensive, hard to find, and very easy to destroy.

Take care.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Weitzel

Ok i'm not too bad with a soldering iron so i'll give it a shot.

thanks a lot for the help!

Reply to
kamamaster14