Wacky Product Ideas for 2007

Some of My Crazy Electronic Product Ideas for 2007

1) The mp3 cell phone with loud stereo speakers. 2) The talking toilet.. "Myyy that's a big dump!" 3) A wind up PDA..No batteries or charging. 4) Wireless monitors (Goes with the wireless mouse and the wireless keyboard so that the PC can be put in the fridge for overclocking :) 5) Long range RFID implants for dead pets. "Here lies Fluffy." 6) Dehydration or thirst alarm 7) Car with bluetooth.. See your fuel level on your PC! 8) Weight display mounted on top of running shoes. 9) Mini personal cell phone jammer for 20 feet. (Prevents interruptions at meetings.) 10) Cell phone which displays sunlight UV level. D from BC
Reply to
D from BC

1 - Don't you think the MP3 cell phone should play AC3 files?

2 - "Hello Kitty!"

I'll leave the rest to your imagination...

Reply to
mpm

On Jun 21, 1:14 am, D from BC wrote: [....]

I have a wind up radio. It is likely a wind up PDA would sell.

If the monitor didn't need power, this would sell better.

It would be better for live pets. "Where's that cat hiding this time".

Also a small radio on the collar of a dog could make a sound when you want the dog to do something. No more yelling out the door for the dog when it is time to take him for a walk.

This is a good idea. Build it into a sports watch.

Seeing all the smog systems status and error codes should also be included. It would be nice to know that spark plug #3 misfired.

One connected to the car horn switch would also be a good idea.

Reply to
MooseFET

Actually, that one might sell. Lots of work making it provide a stable precision display, though. I wonder if there already is one that does a pedometer. Add in heart rate and you've got a winner.

Jon

Reply to
Jonathan Kirwan

With something like a wrist-mounted display - I wouldn't want a display on my shoe. :-)

But, with a couple of strain gauges, you could not only display weight, but the force of impact when your foot hits the ground, steps/second, anything you want. And with a little ultrasonic or laser thingie, you could measure stride length, for a total distance readout.

And be sure to put flashing LEDs in the heels. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Hello Kitty? Do you mean a talking toilet for toilet training cats? D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

The PDA pencil (or whatever it's called)..maybe that can be used to spin a gear around to charge up a super cap. The PDA might run long enough to get stuff done. How about a wind up cell phone? It has a built in hang crank that pulls out. Great for camping in areas that have cell reception.

RFID implants in pets might be useful for dog doors. It'll let your dog in but no other animals.

The thirst alarm might be tough.. It might need to detect skin moisture and skin temperature.

Car computers I think log all sorts of info and are tied to numerous sensors. Why can't I see this info? And how come my auto tech charges me $100.00 just to link up with my car computer!! Fkn.. :(

Lol... When I see someone driving crazy in front of me because they are on a cell phone..I just turn the cell jammer on.. Bzzzzzt...

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

I was thinking of the display only turning on when the heels are clicked together.. Call it "Dorothy Scale Shoes" D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

How about Bluetooth shoes!!! Walk near your PC and it automatically transfers all the collected data :) D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

No, my college roommate's cat used to drink out of the toilet. The ensuing beer conversation over which were smarter: cats or dogs, would typically boil down to whether on the not the cat would drink pre- or post- flush....

As for #9 and wreckless drivers, scrambling their transmissions would only serve to make them drive even worse. Probably.

As for bluetooth heels, there's a "classic" patent where someone invented mudflaps for high-heeled shoes. Maybe what we really need are bluetooth mudflaps.??

It's so stupid, it would probably sell.

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

Ahh.. So the talking toilet talks to the cats too.. :) I propose a mini toilet somehow linked to the plumbing of a regular toilet.. That way there's fresh water for the cat for every flush.

Mudflaps for high heels....groan.. :( I can picture something like truck mudflaps with the chrome girl silhouette.. Some of the truckers around here have that.

You're probably right about drivers getting their cell phone scrambled...In the confusion, there would be peeking at the display to see "signal lost" or keyboard peeking for a redial. The more time the eyes are off the road, the more risky. D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

You should start working for TI. Yesterday I attended a seminar on DC-DC converters which was very interesting except when they started to talk about Texas Instruments's new digital power supplies.

It is way too expensive and cumbersome for volume products. And if you produce products that need 'crazy power', you'll have someone around capable of designing a suitable PSU. Or am I wrong...?

--
Reply to nico@nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
Nico Coesel

Arguably so, but that "distributed power" approach has been around for decades and is not at all uncommon in not-so-high-volume industrial/military applications. TI probably figures they can capture some of that market, as their DSPs are now quite common at, e.g., cellular base stations, video production facilities, etc. where you'd typically see this sort of approach.

I think it's probably not uncommon that you have digital guys slapping down FPGAs and DSPs that may require tens of amps at a volt or so, and there's no one around who can readily design such a power supply.

---Joel

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

Fake Transcript of the TI DC-DC Seminar....

"And that concludes TI's assortment of DC to DC converters..." "On another matter, I'm pleased to announce that Texas Instruments will be competing with Tim Hortons and Starbucks Coffee. TI coffee shops will be opening soon all over North America. The coffee is produced with latest digital technology from TI." :)

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

Wreckless drivers are seldom reckless, and reckless drivers only stay wreckless for a little while. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Ick! Cats? If you've got cats in your toilet, you need a motorized seat that senses the presence of the cat, like this:

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

ooooooohhhhh :P D from BC

Reply to
D from BC

Late at night, by candle light, Rich Grise penned this immortal opus:

Well, there was the demolition derby driver who was disqualified for wreckless driving.

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.
Reply to

Late at night, by candle light, Rich Grise penned this immortal opus:

Put the display on the toes. If you can't see it standing upright you're still too fat, go for another jog.

- YD.

--
Remove HAT if replying by mail.
Reply to
YD

Bluetooth shoes will fix that flab overhang display viewing problem. The person can stand near a computer and it'll display the weight with big numbers.

On another matter... The batteries in the shoes will make'm heavier and therefore more jogging calories will burn :)

D from BC

Reply to
D from BC