WTB: Pioneer Switch ASA-039

Hi. I was wondering if anyone might have a Pioneer power/speaker selector switch model no. ASA-039 laying around that they'd sell me. This switch was used in Pioneer model SX-650 and SX-434 receivers.

Thanks

-Ben

Reply to
Ben Abzug

Ben,

Is it the speaker switch part that is bad, or the power switch, or is the shaft broken? (I'm going by memory, if the power switch is one of the round ones, my repair ideas below are not useful.)

IF it is the power switch, the gray box hanging off the back of the whole thing, then you might be able to salvage the switch. First, see if there are a pair of unused contacts coming out of the other side of the switch. If there are, you can often just switch the AC wiring over to them, though opening up the switch and cleaning it up might be a good idea, especially if the switch was arcing and making a mess inside. Sometimes you can take the gray box off the assembly and clean and repair the contacts. If there isn't one, add an AC suppression cap across the switch. DO NOT use any contact treatments on the AC contacts. Clean them up mechanically with an ignition points file or similar. You can use rubbing alcohol on a swab to clean off junk, but you want the contacts dry when you put the switch back together.

Regards, Tim Schwartz Bristol Electr>

Reply to
Tim Schwartz