IBM Selectric II Adjustement Help

I've got an old Selectric II typewriter that I'm cleaning up and plan to put back into service if at all possible.

Here's the problem:

Although it types and all the functions work, the vertical tilt of the typeball is out of whack. Typing is erratic at best, with the best results occurring at the right side of the page. Most of the time, when typing, it seems that the ball is between two characters vertically, specifically lower than it should be so that the top of the correct character is printed, and above that, part of the character above the correct one on the typeball.

All belts and pulleys appear to be in the proper places, so it seems like possibly an adjustment problem to me?

I've searched the internet trying to find adjustment info or a service manual, but all i keep turning up is propaganda about forged documents and the controversy behind it. So much for useful info on the net.

Anyone know what to try or know where to find an electronic version of a service manual for this machine?

Help is always appreciated.

Reply to
ttuee2006

Nevermind. Got it fixed. One of the belts was hung up in the carriage.

Reply to
ttuee2006