IBM/Lexmark Wheelwriter 1000

I have an electric typewriter wheelwriter 1000, that is OOC. The LED's in lower right all light(which can't be good. The o/p of Ps is good yet I get no voltage to either the carriage motor or motor that controls roller movement at power up. I can only assume that controller/processor board has a bad component. Does anyone have access to a service manual or schematic of this board? J Martin

Reply to
JNM

Are you somewhere remote? I cant say I'd rate your chances very highly of finding a schematic or fixing it without one.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Maybe time to upgrade to a 286 and DOS. And get one of those funky dot matrix printers that does graphics.

I thought I was bad running old equipment. Seriously, am curious as to why youre working on it.

Last time I had a daisywheel I upgraded it with an italic wheel and a red ribbon cartridge. Yep, I could do colour, or a bit of it, and italic phrases, but the hassle of changing wheel & cart twice for every italic phrase ensured it was only ever used for document master production.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

"JNM" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

Is this an electronic typewriter or an old daisywheel printer?

Electrolitic caps may cause this problem. Replace them all in CPU board

Reply to
Inty (BHO!)