I want to pay you to do a surface-mount chip swap (DFW, Texas)...

I have 2 board with identical problems that will be fixed by a simple chip swap. The only problem is the ICs are surface-mount. My company used to have the equipment to do this but we got out of that stuff and got rid of it. This is a very quick/simple job (only 10 pins). I will gladly pay you to do this job for me. If you are able and willing, please let me know the particulars and 2 Area 51 arcade games will once again live!

Reply to
woodcock

You do NOT need expensive equipment to replace surface mounted Ic's It can be done with low temp. solder. Flux and solderwick. The only thing that may present a problem is glue. Sometimes chips are glued to the board for soldering.

SJT Arcadetreasure.com

Reply to
stuorto

You do NOT need expensive equipment to replace surface mounted Ic's It can be done with low temp. solder. Flux and solderwick. The only thing that may present a problem is glue. Sometimes chips are glued to the board for soldering.

SJT Arcadetreasure.com

Reply to
stuorto

We can do that if you want, but I'm trying to figure out what the footprint of the part is. I've never seen an SOIC10, or a QFP10...

Alex

--
ayeckley@elektronforge.com
www.elektronforge.com

In rec.games.video.arcade.collecting Alex Yeckley wrote: :>I have 2 board with identical problems that will be fixed by a simple :> chip swap. The only problem is the ICs are surface-mount. My company :> used to have the equipment to do this but we got out of that stuff and :> got rid of it. This is a very quick/simple job (only 10 pins). I will :> gladly pay you to do this job for me. If you are able and willing, :> please let me know the particulars and 2 Area 51 arcade games will once :> again live! : : We can do that if you want, but I'm trying to figure out what the footprint of the : part is. I've never seen an SOIC10, or a QFP10...

It's an S014... :)

--
Mark Spaeth                       mspaeth@mtl.mit.edu
50 Vassar St., #38.265            mspaeth@mit.edu