HP 54201D scope, possible to repair

I might aquire a faulty HP54201D scope.

It appears to show the following errors:

ST1: Failed Auto Scale test

ST 2: The period measurement must be 500 ns =B120 ns to pass. FAILED Chan 1 test RR [03] =3D=3D Period measurement failure: no vailid signal present. FAILED Chan 2 test RR [01] =3D=3D Period measurement failure: the period measurement was too low.

Sometimes it appears that ch2 behaves the same as ch1.

Cal 3,4,5 and 6 fails as well.

Anyone that is familiar whith this scope

Question is, is it repairable or is it a no-go?

With best regards

Tomas Larsson Sweden

for downloads etc. ftp://ktl.mine.nu for uploads.

Verus Amicus Est Tamquam Alter Idem

Reply to
ktl

Do any of the failures include a bad NVRAM?

I bought a 54501A that was failing an assortment of self-tests and replaced the NVRAM module (I'm sure the battery was gone after 20 years), and it seems to work perfectly now.

Reply to
stickyfox