HP 10081A 'scope probe repair

Hi,

One of my probes has developed an intermittent connection at the 'scope end. The plastic BNC lock has always wobbled about a bit, but now the metal BNC barrel inside has come loose. Is there any way to open these things up? Is there a screw underneath the ident label?

TIA Andrew.

Reply to
Andrew Holme

Fixed it. I prised the U-shaped cover off the compensation box, but only after unscrewing the cable out of the back first (bad idea) breaking the extremely fine inner conductor. But it was only after doing that, thinking the thing was written-off, that I had the courage to start levering and prising.

Reply to
Andrew Holme