HP 3586A/B/C manuals? (legible)

As we mostly know, Agilent has put up slew of manuals for 1960 to 1990 equipment up on their site.

That's super, but:

Now I'm trying to fix a HP 3586C which has a few problems, but the manual on the site is really loooooow resolution, making the schematics really hard to read. Plus I don't see the power supply schematic at all, and that needs the most attention as the nicad seems to have vented and caused lots of very pretty blue copper sulphate corrosion along all the exposed copper etch edges.

Preferably on a PC disk, my old paper manuals shelf is both bulgingh and sagging.

]

Any hints appreciated.

Reply to
Ancient_Hacker

Can't help with hard copy - I've just got the same blurry schematics... The reason you can't find the power supply schematic is because it's in volume 2B - and most folk only have vol 1 and 2. It's on the Agilent site, though - the part number is 03586-90000 (58Mb PDF!). I've got a 3586A - lots of pain getting it running properly, all caused by bad contacts in the digital circuitry. (Analogue bits are fine). Clean the edge connectors on the power and controller boards VERY thoroughly. Also beware of the IC sockets and the DIP switches. The nicad fault is standard - the manual details how to run it without.

If you haven't done it already - try Yahoo Groups "hp_agilent_equipment". Lots of helpful people there.

John L

Reply to
John Livingston

This is a test

Reply to
kylebarabash

Thanks for the tips. Do take care in cleaning the connectors as they're gold-plated-- if you rub too much the gold comes off and you have not so good tin exposed.

Reply to
Ancient_Hacker