HP 1210xi no paper feed

My daughter just brought me her HP1210xi all-in-one scanner-copier- printer. It is what I would sall a bottom-feeder, the paper goes in at the front on the bottom and comes back out the front about 1 inch above the input.

There is no sign that the paper feed is ever actuated. Holding onto the paper when a copy is requested does not give any hint that the feed mechanism is trying to input paper. The scan head and light assembly does move along like it is functioning normally, just no paper feed.

Before I start tearing into the machine, are there any particular known problems with this series of machine? Any suggestions. I haven't been into one of these machines with the idea of fixing rather than scrapping in many years.

H. R.(Bob) Hofmann

Reply to
hrhofmann

Reposting as I had no replies before the scammers buttted in.

My daughter just brought me her HP1210xi all-in-one scanner-copier- printer. It is what I would call a bottom-feeder, the paper goes in at the front on the bottom and comes back out the front about 1 inch above the input.

There is no sign that the paper feed is ever actuated. Holding onto the paper when a copy is requested does not give any hint that the feed mechanism is trying to input paper. The scan head / light assembly does move along like it is functioning normally, just no paper feed.

Before I start tearing into the machine, are there any particular known problems with this series of machine? Any suggestions. I haven't been into one of these machines with the idea of fixing rather than scrapping in many years.

H. R.(Bob) Hofmann

Reply to
hrhofmann

Check the Liver Switch, it should be located on the inner part of the tray. You may have to open up and inspect the wire connecting to that switch, including the switch itself. Use an Ohm meter while pwr off.

Jack.

Reply to
Jakthehammer