How to convert a digital camcorder to a wireless video camera?

I am interested in a wireless video camera for a rc boat project.

I have a 1.2 Ghz transmitter and receiver.

Unlike an radio control model airplane, there is plenty of room and wieght capabilities on a model boat for a SLA battery and a camcordedr.

I am under the impression that CCD stabilized video from a camcorder would be superior what the tiny board cameras that are typically used with wireless video systems produce.

My intention is to purchase a used camcorder with a good lens and low light capable ccd . (Remote focus and zoom may also be possible).

If the camcorder does not have a passthrough, how can I obtain the video output to send to my transmitter?

Reply to
BoyntonStu

JR North

Thanks for the information about the Sonys.

I notice that some VHSC camcorders are stabilized, Panasonic, JVC, etc.

In digital camcorders is the CCD image direct to digital or is there a composite output that is converted99969696?

Reply to
BoyntonStu

Get a camcorder with an analog output and connect that to the transmitter.

Reply to
Si Ballenger

BoyntonStu wrote in news:1177009820.260790.307470 @b58g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

Shop for a camcorder that has a composite output that works.

Reply to
Gary Tait