connecting a ccd camera to a TFT LCD?

Hi,

I bought 2 ccd cameras (PAL/NTSC) one color, and one b/w, and I bought a 1.8 LCD from a different place. But they didn't come with data sheets, and there's no markings to find out the mfg. They were from surplus stores. Anyway, I've got a couple wires coming out of the ccd, and a bunch of connectors going into the LCD, so I'm hoping somebody can point me to a schematic on converting the signal from NTSC to the LCD. I've found some info on NTSC, but nothing like a tutorial on the electronics involved. I'm just trying to avoid re-inventing the wheel. Hopefully somebody can give me some guidance. I've worked in image processing for several years, but it was always military stuff and the imagery came to me in a frame buffer, and I've lost contact with those H/W people. But, for the moment, I just want to run the video straight through to the LCD.

Thanks, Alan

Reply to
almo

Parts numbers, type of lcd, photos could be useful..

I guess the CCD output regular composite video. And guess the LCD is an TFT/STN variant where the LCD takes RGB data + Hsync + Vsync + PixelClock. LCD also need power and then power to it's backlight. IF so then you need sample the input video at high frequency. Seperate colours & sync. Rescale output. And then feed this into the lcd.

Reply to
pbdelete

[snip]

Sorry bud but it sounds like that LCD only takes digital signal in. Probably 3 or 4 bit of each color channels plus synch and power. Trying to build a converter to change NTSC signal to LCD is a major pain in the butt and not cheap.

Consider looking for used 4" PSOne LCD on eBay, it already takes composite video in. Or for smaller LCD, look for pocket TV with composite video in. Trust me is'a lot easier than trying to adopt an unknown LCD display.

too late.    - by anonymous Mother in Austin, TX
Spam block in place, no emil reply is expected at all.
Reply to
Impmon