"hourglass" picture on Sony KV28WS2U

I have a Sony KV28WS2U that has worked fine for approx 9 years.

Lately the picture has started to be intermittently distorted. The picture will reach all 4 corners but be horisontally narrower. The picture has almost an "hourglass" shape. If the TV has been on for long the problem goes away, but as time goes on this takes longer and longer to happen. Last night we had the hourglass picture all evening.

I don't want to spend very much on a repair as I want to buy a flat screen within the next 12-24 months. However, as prices are coming down in a steady pace I hope to wait just a little while longer.

Can anyone say anything clever about what is wrong and how much it would cost to repair?

(I'm in the UK)

Reply to
Nick

Mike Berger

Pincussion circuit, probably a cracked solder joint. About the cheapest repair there is, so long as you don't keep using it and cause more damage.

Reply to
James Sweet