Horizontal sync problem with Sony E500 monitor

After being on for a while, the image suddenly jumps a bit to the left, and the lines get all "wiggly". Turning it off for a while (cools down??) fixes it for a while.

Probably a capacitor, but I don't know which one. Any suggestions?

thx, Isaac

Reply to
isw

You may use freeze spray and test one cap at a time. When you find the problematic cap the screen will go fine. (probably) If this is a cap problem...

Good luck!

Reply to
powerampfreak

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 14:28:38 -0700, powerampfreak ??o??:

Odd. I've found the exact opposite with electrolytic caps in that they tend to work better when warmer (up to a point however.)

Reply to
Meat Plow

I read somewhere that using freeze spray on an electrolytic could damage it. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Reply to
Sofa Slug

I've used freeze spray on electrolytics for 40 years. Never had a recall for electrolytic damage. Chuck

Reply to
Chuck

OK...Good to know. Thanks,

-S

Reply to
Sofa Slug

check for poor soldering on the main pcb. Also I had to change the b+ caps in the feed to the line output stage on my E200, they were swollen, could be similar here as this poro regulation causes all sort of weird faults.

-B

On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 11:55:30 -0700, isw put finger to keyboard and composed:

CPD-E500/E500E service manual:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Very helpful; thanks.