RCA DTV306 1080i horizontal sync problem

I've found another problem with that DTV306 I repaired last week. When sending it a 1080i signal through the component input it has trouble coming into horizontal sync. It had about 4 diagonal lines across the screen and will often fall into sync after a few minutes. It looks like the horizontal frequency is a little off, but there's no adjustment in the service menu. Could I adjust this with the chipper check? This seems to be a fairly common problem with this chassis, but I haven't been able to find an answer. Can anyone help?

I've tried 2 HDTV sources and they both make it behave the same way.

480p is fine. Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@psu.edu

Reply to
Andy Cuffe