Help with joystick IC

Hello all Is there anyone who can suggest where to get some info on the IC. I can not find it on

The joystick is a Logitech extreme 3d, with plenty of buttons. Did have it to pieces, because the reaction time of the X and Y axis are very slow. The plug is for a normal joystick port, have also a adapter for use on a USB port. The IC inside is made by ST, did forget to count the amount of pins, might be around 20 DIL. The markings are:

72632/NJJ 331124-1011 M990P0248Z Thank you very much Bert.
Reply to
Bert

On Thu, 11 May 2006 20:27:02 +0200, "Bert" put finger to keyboard and composed:

It's probably a mask programmed microcontroller, possibly 8-bit.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Googling on 72632 +IC returns multiple hits.

Reply to
jerry_maple

On Fri, 12 May 2006 07:39:16 +1000, Franc Zabkar put finger to keyboard and composed:

ST72632

8-bit microcontroller (MCU) for low speed USB with up to 16K memory, up to 512 bytes RAM, ADC, WDG, TIMER, SCI & I2C, SDIP32-SO34

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

On Fri, 12 May 2006 07:39:16 +1000, Franc Zabkar put finger to keyboard and composed:

USB

ts

ST72632

8-bit microcontroller (MCU) for low speed USB with up to 16K memory, up to 512 bytes RAM, ADC, WDG, TIMER, SCI & I2C, SDIP32-SO34

- Franc Zabkar

-- Please remove one 'i' from my address when replying by email.

Thank you very much for the few answers I did get. As far as I remember when the joystick was open there was no crystal on the board. Did download the ST72632 CPU but it is the wrong one. Could not answer faster, because of problems with my W98se C-drive, only my W XP on the D-drive was working. Seems I am getting old for not getting the answers in Google. Thanks again Bert.

Reply to
Bert