Help! Panasonic NV-J700HQ

Hi everybody!

I am writing this message after careful checking of times and lighting of errors/tapes. I have the vcr mentioned in the message subject and I have the following problems and no idea on how to fix them:

- the top part of the screen is "bent" to the left for an inch or so (on a 21" TV) most of the time and suddenly becomes normal for a while. Lighting of the movie is irrelevant for the behaviour. Rewatching the same tape, the error will occur in different timings everytime;

- the tape sometimes stops at random intervals, always within an hour span, both in recording and playback (so i can't record anything anymore, basically). Pressing play/rec will resume the operation normally, until the next unwanted stop

I' ve verified this with different lenghts/brands of tapes and it makes no difference. I have searched the net and read somewhere to look for dry spots in Q1504, having no idea of where that is, for the sudden stop problem...

Also, tried the same tapes on a different vcr = no problems...

Thx in advance for any help you may provide, Lupo

Reply to
lupo666

Not sure what your time is worth, but why don't you just go buy another VCR off of eBay or from a pawn shop for $20... if you can't find a particular transistor on the PCB I'd figure on some long hours sprinkled with liberal doses of frustration, wasted money, and disappointment. Especially if your test equipment consists of a wetted fingertip used as a voltage probe.

Just my 2 cents

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Dear Dave, thx for your post. I totally agree it may not be worth my time in the end, but please also consider this is a worldwide vcr (all voltages, all formats in the world... tried and it works, back when) and that I live in Italy, where everything is twice the US price...

I am in the middle of moving between houses and I just wanted to take the opportunity of dismantling/packing everything to try to fix it (along with other equipment that has problems...), before remounting it in the new house.

Any idea of where to get a pcb layout?

THX, Lupo

Dave wrote:

Reply to