help ID this LCD Tv!

A neighbour brought me this TV to have a look at. No name badge, and the label at the back just has safety warnings. He has lost the PSU so I opened it up. Here are the pics:

the screen/display is a Sharp LQ150X1, seems quite common. Not so sure about the signal pcb and inverter though.Perhaps some kind soul could ID it and let me know what voltage and polarity (if DC) are needed. cheers, B

update, a bit of continuity testing gave me the polatity of the plug, so I hit it with 12v and it worked. Would still like to know the maker though so I can programme a universal remote.

-B

x977hv9i3xzy06g

Most universals have a mode where you can click through every code known to the universal. When you click through them and finally the TV comes on you hit the jackpot. I had to do this once with a TV that was not listed in the code book but did follow the codes of another brand.

Meat Plow

Most are: hold "Code Search" stays lit, press TV (blinks), press "power" until it turns-off (may be 200X), press the "Enter" key. Good idea to find the "Brand" though! If Funai it might be Silvania, Sansui, or Emerson. (not sure about anymore)

Reply to
Bob Villa

Of course if you buy the old ones, like I do, they may not even have the codes for newer devices.

If I bought a brand new one, would it have codes for digital-to-analog set-top boxes?

Reply to
mm

I haven't seen any that do, so far.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

The last multi-function remote I took possession of was the one that came with my Cisco 8640 HDVC DVR. It does in fact have codes for AtoD converters. I'm 99.9% certain the newer multi-function remotes especially those that are not your $5.00 Walmart special but something in the $30 dollar and up bracket would yield the results you desire.

Meat Plow

Thanks. I"ll keep my eyes open. The original remotes still work and I haven't lost them yet, but it's good to know.

Thanks, Michael, also.

Actually and interestingly, my 80 dollar DISH TV AtoD converter, the most expensive I came across, hasn't worked well from the start. The Green power light on the box goes on without my doing anything, but the box isn't working after all. And I can't turn it "off" with the remote control, and there are no buttons on the box itself. I can unplug it, but when I plug it back in, the green light is on, but after 10 or 15 seconds it goes off. I'm used to this now, but still.

There are no garage door openers around here, or remotes shining in my window. Only once every month or so, and I guess it's less often now.

Reply to
mm