Heat sink grease

I don't know the correct physics, just read a bit...

Satellite observations The alternative is an indirect method that uses satellites fitted with radar altimeters. These spacecraft can infer the shape of the ocean bottom from the shape of the water surface above. Because water follows gravity, it is pulled into highs above the mass of tall seamounts, and slumps into depressions over deep trenches.

The Hidden Earth: Undersea Mountains by the Thousands

Mike S

Makes perfect sense to me. Consider, the material of the mount must be more dense than water. If its mechanical strength evaporated it would droop down to form a level plain. So there's more mass between the peak and the center of the earth, and more between mean sea level and the center also. More mass, more gravity. It'll pull the sea surface towards itself.

Clifford Heath.

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Interesting, thanks.