Goatway Plasma

Hi,

I rescued a GTW-P46M103 many moons ago. It's been hiding in a corner of the dining room ever since. But, kitchen cabinets will be delivered RSN and that space is earmarked for them! So, it is quickly rising to the top of the ToDo list: "fix it or trash it".

My understanding is these were plagued with problems. *But*, those problems typically were "no picture" or "magic smoke leakage", etc.

This set (from what few memories I have of first powering it up)

*has* a picture. And, looks like every part of the screen *is* "illuminable" (gee, is there even such a word?? :> ). I.e., the drivers all appear to be functional.

The *problem* is the image is offset from its expected location. By a significant amount! IIRC, the center of the image is shifted towards the upper left corner of the display such that the left side of the intended display image is "off screen". (the portion of the image that *is* displayed appears to be scaled properly, no distortion, etc.)

I think I was able to find some very limited "service information" on the set. Mostly pretty pictures and "replace module X" type diagnostics. Of course, none of the troubleshooting questions was:

"Is the image shifted off the top left corner of the screen?"

What sorts of things should I try to get a better handle on what is likely gone wrong in the set? Or, is it a "lost cause"?? (my curiosity often motivates me to pursue problems that simply don't make economic sense :< )

advTHANKSance,

--don

Reply to
D Yuniskis

Sorry I dont have anything usefull to add, but I do like how you called it a Goatway plasma tv. haha.

Reply to
Michael Kennedy