Generator "Back Feed" through GFI Outlet

circuit

Way cool... You've just deleted a lifetime of GFI safety for that outlet and any downstream, possibly in code violation, for your family and subsequent families who will live in that home. The benefit is the possibility to maybe, someday, electrocute some innocent person.

Don't worry mom, I've seen dad do this a hundred times...BzzzzzzT!

Only thing left to do is document it. It'll be here forever, but it's even better if you print it out and tape it to the breaker box.

The hubris in these newsgroups is exceeded only by...well...I can't think of anything.

Reply to
mike

He trolled some of the other electronics newsgroups with this crap a while back, and got the same replies.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

HAHAHAHAHA. Anyone who has to even read the code to know not to backfeed li ke that should not be allowed near screwdrivers. Some people make such a go od case against universal health coverage, like Tim the toolman Taylor.

Also, why not just use extension cords ? At least it's kinda safe. You only want to power certain things anyway. You wouldn't power a jacuzzi or centr al AC that way, but you might want to power the furnace if it's gas. That a nd the fridges/deepfreezes. After that you got maybe a DSL router, some PC maybe or charge a laptop, charge the cellphones. Cordless phones. NOT the 5

5" Pioneer.

By the time it's all said and done, you're best off installing a separate b ox and rerouting what you consider critical supplies to it. You can interru pt it there just fine, and I'd bet there is a ready made product just for t hat. (lol)

Do it right, unless you have enough lumber in the attic for a new house in case that one burns down.

Reply to
jurb6006