Raceway Outlet Question

Raceway Outlet Question...

I have a need for a very shallow outlet, as is often seen in so-called "raceways".

But I need is as a "onesy"... one outlet, stand alone.

Where do I find such an animal? ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | "Those [of us] who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night" -Edgar Allan Poe

At Amazon:

If it absolutely has to be just one socket you could ask Anixter but if they don't have any they might not exist:

The redneck solution would be the one below and a nail but the WAF would not be sufficient :-)

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

The low profile ones I'm familiar with are Plugmold, and (prepunched) steel raceway sections having several outlets are available.

Older such items that I've used are capable of separation into one-outlet sections, with judicious hacksaw work, but it's not clear what the modern parts support.

Reply to
whit3rd

Yes, you can buy the raceway in lengths, cut the outlet strip sections to just one outlet, and then use blank covers to cover up the rest of the raceway. Or, at least, 40 years ago, that was standard material and any wholesale electrical supply would have the parts.

I think now the track lighting suppliers make something quite similar, so Lowe's or Home Depot might have it.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson