GE GSD2800 Dishwasher Leaking

Sam Goldwasser wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@red.seas.upenn.edu:

Blue plastic housing, reed switch sometimes will lean away from the tub when hot and cause a blocked wash arm message. Check to be sure it is firmly aginst the side of the tub.

Spring cutter is no real problem, comes in the complete seal kit.

The stem on item 550 that holds the wash arm is the only thing I have had problems with, check inside the washarm and see if the magnet has come unglued...

I think this dishwasher is saying, replace me before the wife gets to upset...like yesterday.

R!

Reply to
R!

Good time for an update.

No, I haven't fixed the leak yet. :)

But I did completely disassemle and clean the washtower assembly and checked the "blocked wash arm" magnet and sensor. For whatever reason, that problem seems to have gone away. It's even possible that there is a bad connection at the connector for the sensor since it really went away after sticking a multimeter in there to monitor the reed switch signal. "I'm being monitored, better start working." :)

I'm still procrastinating on attacking the leak since that almost certainly requires removing the entire thing and it would be out of service for awhile!

As far as replacement. From my point of view, that would be a shame. With some cleaning, everything really is in very good condition.

Thanks for your interest.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ:

Repair | Main Table of Contents:

+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ: