Garmin edge 305 - LCD Broken....where can I find a new one

Hi I had a Garmin Edge 305, and its LCD is broken due to a crash during a race, and the LCD is broken, however everythjing else in the device seems fine, so I was wondering if anyone knows what kind if LCD the unit uses, and where can I get one.. Thanks Chris

Reply to
Nomad.C

Unless you can get one from Garmin, you're probably out of luck. Most of these sorts of things are custom made for the manufacture. You might get lucky and find a broken GPS with a good screen on ebay.

Reply to
James Sweet

Can I not use a different LCD to display the same thing??

Reply to
Nomad.C

If you want to re-engineer the display interface portion of the circuit and somehow manage to disassemble, modify and reassemble the firmware code to drive it then yes, but realistically no, it's all custom designed.

Reply to
James Sweet

It can be bought from Garmin only, if they will sell one to you. Normaly, they are the only ones to do the service on their GPS's. These displays are custom made for them.

Jerry G. ======

Reply to
Jerry G.