Fujitsu plasma display funnies?

Hi all,

A while ago I was given a 3rd (at least) user 42" Fujitsu plasma display, a PDS4212E-H.

Whilst it seems to work ok there is some strange pixel / noise running across (mostly) the top couple of inches of the entire display, looking like one of those graphic equaliser displays you see on some audio kit etc (although not changing in sync with anything).

It doesn't seem to change when hot or cold and so far I've tried it on the component and composite inputs with the same effect (and I think it does it with no live input selected anyway).

I was just wondering (hoping) this might be a known fault and that maybe a board re-seat or some such could fix it. Failing that I think I'll just put up with it (FWIW etc).

Cheers, T i m

p.s. I believe it used to be in my mates clothes shop as you can see '£9.99' faintly burned into the display. ;-)

Reply to
T i m

Are you sure it's not outside interference? My bedroom 32" LCD has a noise line that walks up in one single "row" from an electronic air cleaner tower in my room. And it comes right through the cable and I've found nothing short of shutting the filter off to stop it.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Not sure, no.

Hmm.

I'm not sure what there might be in the room (or within radio earshot) that could be doing it but I can certainly experiment.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m