For My Sins... .

Some may know that part of my job involves the closing and mothballing of a major teaching hospital, of which the physical plant is every bit of 50 ye ars old, or more.

Just the other day, a steam line blew, flooding a basement storage room wit h condensate - undetected for a week or three. Mold. In this room were stor ed two (2) Midmark Ritter 355 OR lights, sealed in their mold-ridden, but n ew boxes.

I was told that it was between me and the dumpster. One went to me, one to our Vet.

This will involve a complete re-design of my Radio Room - together with a m ajor Culling-of-the-Herd. And, since the house was built in 1890, I will ha ve to be very clever with the installation. The thing weighs 62 pounds and the mount needs to be dead-level.

Not a bad task to be given.

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
peterwieck33

My heart bleeds for you! I could use the light on my work bench if you decide it is of no use...(ha!)

John ;-#)#

Reply to
John Robertson

a major teaching hospital, of which the physical plant is every bit of 50 years old, or more.

ith condensate - undetected for a week or three. Mold. In this room were st ored two (2) Midmark Ritter 355 OR lights, sealed in their mold-ridden, but new boxes.

ld that it was between me and the dumpster. One went to me, one to our Vet.

major Culling-of-the-Herd. And, since the house was built in 1890, I will have to be very clever with the installation. The thing weighs 62 pounds an d the mount needs to be dead-level.

Have fun, Peter but be careful. :)

I am replacing the old lights on my bench with LEDs They are the old four t ube fixtures used in drop tile ceilings. I am gutting them and converting t hem to LED. They were OK when I installed them 20 years ago, but the qualit y of light went way down when they switched from 40W to 34W tubes. They won 't light below 50F. and they have more flicker than the older tubes.

Harbor freight has some fixtures with the LEDs on sale for $20 right now fo r people who don't want to modify existing fixtures. Rural King farm stores have some, as well. Theirs are enclosed, unlike the ones at Harbor Freight .

Reply to
Michael Terrell