fFixing a light and need some help with where the wires go...

I have just purchased a 110V U ground plug end to repair a light (1 K). The old one did not have a ground so I went to get one that is up to code (the plug part). There are three wires - green (ground), black and white (beige). I am not sure on which side to place the Black and Beige wires - on the plug it says 'insulated wire here'. But both the black and the beige are insulated, so I am not sure. Any help would be appreciated . Thanks

Reply to
johnsonholding

Assuming that you are in the USA or Canada, the black wire goes to the narow blade - the hot lead. The white/beige ground/neutral wire goes to the wide blade, and the green wire goes to the round plug which is the safety ground.

Hope this helps.

H. R. (Bob) Hofmann

Reply to
hrhofmann