Faulty LCD monitor advice needed. Screen goes white after 15/20 seconds

Hi I bought a LCD monitor off eBay (fault was described, only cost me 12 quid inc delivery!) hoping to do a cheap fix! When turned on all is fine for 15-20 sec then the screen fades to complete white. Sound still comes through its speakers and if ya switch off, then on again you get a perfect picture for about 10sec, before it does the same. I have tried re-soldering a few joints that didn't look too good with no joy (although it might be taking a tad longer to go white than it did) Any ideas? Bearing in mind I am no expert! (although I do like tinkering!!!) Cheers in advance! Phil.

Reply to
oddsey

Check for caps that are high in ESR.

Reply to