Fake Audio Amp IC?

:) In addition I've seen STK devices similar to these standing alone without an external sink used to drive large discrete arrays. I think this was employed in an older Sansui receiver. Formerly doing warranty service for the Sansui brand I wasn't very fond of any of their equipment especially higher powered amplifiers.

--
Live Fast Die Young, Leave A Pretty Corpse
Reply to

In article , Gareth Magennis writes

If you mean the square silvery things, they look like power transistors to me.

Since you have had two fail, how sure are you of other parts in the output stage or the customer's speakers?

--
(\__/)
(='.'=)

In article , bob urz writes

They're both connected to the same solder pad, so no problem.

--
(\__/)
(='.'=)