DTX9950 Analog/DTV converter box

I use a few of these boxes on older tv's. They are the ones Radio Shack sold. I like to use them with timers, which I program more than a day ahe ad. The a/d boxes ARE NOT PLUGGED into the timers. What I'm finding is th at they shut down on their own, after sitting idle for a number of hours. Are they dependent on a tv being on to stay on? Is there a sensing circu it, or are they just old and tired. TIA.

Reply to
Michael Mud

sold. I like to use them with timers, which I program more than a day ah ead. The a/d boxes ARE NOT PLUGGED into the timers. What I'm finding is t hat they shut down on their own, after sitting idle for a number of hours. Are they dependent on a tv being on to stay on? Is there a sensing circ uit, or are they just old and tired. TIA.

There's a 'sleep timer' or similar named function; it can be turned off, wi th the menu. The setting is intended to be nonvolatile, so you don't need to visit it of ten.

Reply to
whit3rd

ck sold. I like to use them with timers, which I program more than a day ahead. The a/d boxes ARE NOT PLUGGED into the timers. What I'm finding is that they shut down on their own, after sitting idle for a number of hours . Are they dependent on a tv being on to stay on? Is there a sensing ci rcuit, or are they just old and tired. TIA.

with the menu.

often.

WOW. Thank you. I'm sure that's the problem. Didn't know it existed. Ha ppy Holidays

Reply to
Michael Mud