DSP-A1000 center channel out

A friend has the above receiver DSP-1000A (it might be DSP-A1000), and the center channel has gone out. I have not looked at it but wondered before I do if this might be an easy fix or if it is hard to tell. I know that is a broad question but I thought some here might have some insight.

Thanks

Reply to
Chris

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 17:09:10 -0600, Chris Has Frothed:

What kind of test equipment do you have? Scope, signal generator, DVM?

COOSN-266-06-25794
Reply to
Meat Plow

Multi meter is all I have access to right now.

Reply to
Chris

Some more info on what you've tried etc might help trace the problem quicker. I suspect the amp channel is probably fine as the amp would trip if there was a serious fault. Its far more likely that the centre speaker is turned off (phantom) in the centre mode menu, or that you are expecting sound from that channel in one of the DSP modes when it only operates in Dolby modes. If you check that the centre is in fact set to wide or normal and then run a test to get hiss from each speaker in turn and you still don't get sound...then you've a fault. Report back...

Cliff

before

is

Reply to
Cliff Top

Thanks for the help. We got the problem solved with a little embarrassment on my friends part (he's a HT pro)! Turns out one of the speaker cable leads had pulled out of the jack but could not be seen. He had looked at the connections when the center went out but did not see anything. He figured it was the amp since things have been hooked up for a very long time.

Reply to
Chris