Doubled up video head appearence?

I've never, in earnest , removed an individual head and fixed it to another drum. If enough of the ferrite was remaining on the original I would clamp the drum to a stout plate and manouevre a vinyl record stylus tip adjascent to the gap in the ferrite and fix in place and another such stylus on the other side, before undoing the screw holding the brass in place. Then gently move the replacement head into position and somehow clamp the brass to the drum before tightening the screw

Reply to
N_Cook

my repair did not work , so whatever turns up on ebay as "needs repair" or even working order

Reply to
N_Cook

d B heads, I had two identical upper cylinders, natually one with a bad "A head" and the other with the "B head" broken and tried a transplant between the two. Even having access to a brand new 3rd one and making multiple mea surments of every x-y-z measurement I could make, it never worked.

I remember when I did this experiment I noticed both drums had a yellow hea d and a green head, the color surrounding the soldering pads. At first I th ought that color identified the odd/even field head but to my surprise it d id not, so after the transplant I ended with a working drum with two yellow heads.

I found that the second time I did the transplant because just like the fir st I did I was expecting it to work but it did not. While I was checking th e ferrite with a magnifier I noticed the gap inclination of the head I inst alled was the same as the head already in the drum. The color in the head p ads mislead me to take the wrong head from the donor drum.

Reply to
Jeroni Paul

Anyone know where to find the dimensional specs/standards of helical scan systems (before wear anyway) particularly diameter between head face surfaces and angular offsets , particularly for DAT and video8 systems?

Reply to
N_Cook

By not work, pre-recorded Bond movie on a DAT tape plays a useable B&W image but absolutely no sound . In 6 chanel PCM audio mode no sound on any of the 6 chanels of a tape with n6ch audio recorded to it

Reply to
N_Cook