Video Head audio / control

I am needing help to regulate the screws of the head audio / controls of a video cassette Panasonic. I believe that a special ribbon should exist to do this adjust, or a procedure that I don't know. Please help me. Tks Fernando

Reply to
Fernando

I would guess you are mentioning the tape path alignment.

There is a proper tape for this. Also you will need the proper instruments and tools, such as a scope and DVM, just to mention only a very few, to see the carrier from the head preamp, and also to check and calibrate the sync switching puses. The service manual for your VCR should provide all the necessary test points, and information required to do the tracking alignment.

Jerry G. ========

Reply to
Jerry Greenberg

Take my advice, don't do it. Even if are experienced at tape path alignment, it's damned hard to align the audio-control head. You will just get it all screwed up. What symptoms are you having that make you think the alignment is off?

Reply to
Patch