Type name of 2/3 size VHS video head drum?

Instead of 62.1mm diameter, 41.3mm, as used in standard size VHS cassette use camcorder Hitachi VM 500E of a couple of decades ago. Used full width tape, not 2/3 width ie 8mm, AFAIK bulk standard VHS tapes

Reply to
N_Cook

Hello,

Looked at a photo on Google images of the camera. It's called a "VHS Movie" which is a term I'm not familiar with, but it might be a European marketing thing. We had the VHS-C (C for compact) in the US. Could this be one of these?

Regards, Tim Schwartz Bristol Electronics

Reply to
Tim Schwartz

Yup. Still uses ½" tape. Wraps it 270 degrees instead of 180. I wouldn't want to have to design the tape path that makes it compatible with standard VHS but somebody did.

When one head goes bad it's kinda funky, it gets a 15 Hz flicker instead of 30.

If you need one RCA or GE might fit.

Reply to
jurb6006

maybe fairly straightforward compatibility. there are 4 equally disposed heads, on 2/3 diameter , maybe run it at 4/3 satandard drum rpm and 270 degree wrap

Reply to
N_Cook

Anyone know where to find the dimensional specs/standards of helical scan systems (before wear anyway) particularly diameter between head face surfaces and angular offsets , particularly for DAT and video8 systems?

Reply to
N_Cook