Display Fault with Coloured TV.

Hi All,

I am having a dipslay problem with my GRANADA coloured TV. It actually turns the whole screen in yellowish shade affecting all other other colurs being displayed. Sometimes, it works fine but mostly it does not. I tried by opening and cleaning its picture tube and other components and found that the filament in the glass tube at the back of big displaying unit has developed a burn mark in the mid portion. I dont know whether this the reasom of the problem or not. Any help in this regard will highly be appreciated.

Regards,

Asim

Reply to
Asim

This set must be a very old ex-rental set, given that Granada stopped renting TVs about 10 years ago.

Reply to
mike.j.harvey

Probably a fault with the blue video drive. Given your apparent lack of knowledge, cleaning it out as you did was probably a dangerous thing to do.

Drive adjustment pots are a reasonably likely candidate, so if youre resigned to dumping it you could learn how to set video drive up, twiddle them back and forth a bit then readjust. However if inexperienced youre quite likely to be unable to get it set up ok. Also youd need to know the dangers inside tvs before playing, tvs and nukes are the 2 most dangerous household items to play with.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Hmmm. I'd have made a microwave my #1 pick.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson