Diode and mosfet onboard testing

Hi, I have a fault on a laptop motherboard: After I plug in the connector the power supply protection stop the power. I think the cause it's a bad connector but I desolder it and power the motherboard with two cable directly but the problem remains the same. I test the ohm value on power connector and the tester return me approx. 450 ohm. No component with visible fault (I control with a microscope), no component with heat surface. Someone told me to control diodes,. resistors, electrolitics, and mosfet but how I can test a diode without desolder it and an 8 pin mosfet ? Someone can help me ? thanks

Reply to
LS

My next step would be to test the power supply's protection circuit. Use a separate (controlable) load and see at what current the supply kicks out.

--
Kind regards,
Gerard Bok

I test the motherboard with another power supply (work ok) and its led flashing continuously I exclude a problem to the power source, what is the next test you advice me.

thanks so much

Luca

"Gerard Bok" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@News.Individual.NET...

Reply to